Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cardio Blitz - day 4 - 43 min

I jumped on the elliptical for 25 min this morning. When I do the elliptical I generally start with pedaling backwards. I try to do at least half of the time in that direction then switch to forward motion. Sometimes I end up doing more time pedaling backwards due to my not looking at the time. Today was one of those days. When I finally looked at the time I was 18 minutes into my workout. woo! That left 7 minutes for forward pedaling. That time went by quickly!

I immediately jumped on the bike for 15 minutes and it went by with the quickness. I did the 3 minute cool down for a total of 43 minutes today.

I can definitely feel the workouts in my calves. That always happens when I go backwards on the elliptical.

6 comments:

Tameika said...

Look at you with the backwards pedaling! I gotta get like you! WTG!

ernise said...

You've never pedaled backwards on the elliptical? Well, I realize depending on the make you don't have the opportunity to go backwards. I've found that it really helps the glutes and the upper hamstring going backwards.

Tameika said...

No. I've never really tried it until this weekend. Sometimes I would accidentally start or move backwards but I always corrected. But I'm liking the change. Thanks!

ernise said...

Good deal! Glad you like it. I tend to try to go forward & backward an equal amount of time. Doesn't always happen though.

Healthy Heather said...

I like the backwards pedaling, too! If I am watching TV then I'll go backwards during the commercials. :)

ernise said...

That's an excellent means of making sure the backwards pedaling occurs! Thanks for the tip!