Monday, December 27, 2010

Cardio Blitz - Day 17 - worn out!

I'm off work today so I knew I didn't have to go to the gym at my usual 5 AM time. I slept in and headed over there about 7:40. I looked at the group exercise schedule and saw there was a Boot Camp class at 8:30. If I had known that earlier, I probably would have just taken the class instead of the machines. But, I was there so I got on the elliptical and rocked out 20 minutes. I then moved to the treadmill for 20 minutes. I was about 15 minutes in when one of the worker sidled up to me, and asked if I was planning on taking the boot camp class. I said that I had thought about it, but since I was already on my way to 40 minutes of cardio, probably not. He said okay.

I looked at the time, and the time left on the treadmill and realized that if I really wanted to, I could do the bootcamp class since I didn't have anywhere to be this morning (or day). I finished up the 20 minutes and headed over. I had no idea of what I was getting myself into, but I did it with as much gusto as I could muster up.

Oh my goodness! I'm going to feel it tomorrow! The squats, lunges (forward and sideways!), arm curls, front raises, side raises, abdominal exercise, push-ups, and running on the treadmill will cause me to be majorly sore come tomorrow AM. I just know it! She really pushed us, and I pushed myself (running on the treadmill!).

So today's workout consisted of 40 minutes of cardio + 1 hour of boot camp = WORN OUT!

No comments: