Thursday, January 15, 2009

Travel

One thing I was worried about with this program was eating on the road. Between now and the early part of March I will be traveling a great bit. Just like the weekends, when my schedule is interrupted, so is my eating. Well, I had an overnight trip this week and I did okay. Not good, but okay.

On the day of travel, I veered off track and had a cookie while on the road. That was the only blip that day. The next day, I did fine with breakfast, but I didn't have any snacks between breakfast and lunch. That meant I was really, really hungry by the time lunch rolled around. That is not a good thing because I tend to overeat when I'm hungry. I also wasn't good about drinking water that day so that didn't help. Anywho, I did have a basil pesto whole wheat pita pizza and a cup of soup for lunch. I made sure to take my time as I ate so that I could begin to feel full. I finished off the cup of soup and 2 slices of the pizza.

As I was getting on the road to return home, I realized I wasn't going to make it without something else in my system. I stopped by Smoothie King for a smoothie. That helped. I made it home with the smoothie and 32 ounces of water. I didn't eat any meat prior to 6 pm!

I'll be on the road again in about 2 weeks. I need to plan better and take some snacks. eeeee

No comments: