Friday, January 1, 2010

No resolutions

I don't know when the last time I set New Year's Resolutions. I was probably a teen, and it was then that I realized that it makes no sense. Why should I only attempt to set goals at the beginning of a new year? What if I want to make a random change come May? Is that not acceptable?

Personally, if I seek a renewal it will be something that I can do. For example, when I decided to lead a more healthy lifestyle I never used the "d" word. I see that as a temporary thing and I started my healthy lifestyle mid-year, I think it was April (and I stuck to it).

Therefore, I don't set resolutions. For one, it seems that most people don't keep them and they don't seem to be realistic (i.e., doable). I'm all about doing what I know I can do. I'm a realist and there are some things I may as well not attempt. If I'm not going to give my all, I don't see the point of my taking part.

No comments: