Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Timing at the gym

I think I need to adjust my timing. Yesterday and today I put in 20 minutes on the treadmill then moved to the weight room. I then moved to the weightroom for 30 minutes. That seems like a lot of time, but when you consider the 15-30 seconds of rest time between sets, moving around the room, doing abs, and stretching - it's not a lot of time.

Yesterday I did 6 exercises and today I did 7 exercises. That seems like a fair amount, but I don't enough time to do abs and stretch. I either need to do less cardio or adjust to weights 3 days per week and cardio 2 days per week. I'm going to finish this week out as is so that I can become familiar with the machines in the room. I'll reevaluate at the end of the week.

2 comments:

Healthy Heather said...

Have you thought about doing some compound exercises in the weight room? Like a squat with a shoulder press on the way up. That would decrease the time spent exercising but be more calories burned. Might be a solution!

ernise said...

No, I hadn't given that a thought, but that's a good idea. Will look into those types of exercises. Thanks!