Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Timing at the gym, redux

Since I wrote this post, my timing has improved at the gym. I'm putting in 20 minutes of cardio then a weights workout. I've reduced my time between sets which helps to keep my heart rate up and reduces idle time. At present, I'm going 5 days per week. I'll do that this week so that I can finish out the month (I'm out of town next week).

Here's my routine:

Monday - biceps & triceps
Tuesday - legs
Wednesday - back & abs
Thursday - chest
Friday - shoulders & abs

I complete 20 minutes of cardio, the weights workout, and end with stretching.

Next week, I'm only in town Monday & Tuesday. I haven't decided if I want to do a full body workout each day or just cardio each day. We'll see how I feel come Monday.

1 comment:

tam said...

Hey I hope you don't mind me giving you a little advice on your workouts!? It is much better to warm up for 5mins do your strength workout then do your cardio, this is because it takes your body between 30/40 minutes to get into a fat burning stage so you'll get better results from your cardio! I am a personal trainer not just a crazy person! ha ha ha

Liking the blog by the way x x