Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Walking

I don't know what it is about cooler weather, but it gets me going with the walks. So far this week, I've walked 6.85 miles.

Monday evening I set out to complete 2 miles and end up doing slightly over: 2.18 miles. I continued my activity by dribbling & kicking a soccer ball with my nephew for another 30 minutes or so. I was worn out!

Yesterday, I set to do 3 miles and ended up doing 3.64 miles in 47 min.

I may get in a 1 mile walk this afternoon, but that's probably it. I think I will set a challenge on the nikerunning site for the month of November.

4 comments:

Fat[free]Me said...

It is a lot more comfortable walking now it is cooler, I find. Plus I don't have to carry about so much water, lol!

You are doing so well - love your new picture(or am I just dead unobservant and not noticed it before?)!

ernise said...

I totally agree on the water! With the cool weather, I don't have to carry one at all right now.

Thanks for the compliment, and it is a new (to the blog) picture (it was actually taken a few years ago).

Yum Yucky said...

Cool air good for walking because it makes me get my butt in gear and go faster. Gotta warm up quick. I don't like being cold.

And I have zero mileage this week. So envying you right now.

ernise said...

That is true!

Get to walking lady!