Monday, September 14, 2009

Gym routine & 1.04

One thing I haven't indicated here is that I am a gym rat. I go to the gym, most weeks, 5 days per week. I change up my routine at least every 8 weeks and sometimes every 4 weeks. Currently I'm on a 4 week rotation where I target specific muscle groups on M-W-F. I do abs and cardio on T-Th.

My preference is to go to the gym first thing in the morning, prior to work. Generally, I am there between 4:50 and 5:00 AM. I don't know why, but I just can't seem to workout in the evening. I don't know why, but I can't find the motivation to go the gym in the afternoon/evening. I just can't do it. I come up with all sorts of excuses, i.e., go to the store, I'm tired, I have a mtg., etc.

Going in the early AM leaves no room for excuses. I get up and go! Of course, I must plan for that as well and that doesn't bother me. I pack my clothes and lunch each night. I also layout my workout clothes so that I don't have anything delaying me in the AM. I get up and go!

In addition to the gym, I sometimes get in 2-1 mile walks during breaks while at work. Also, one evening a week I take my nephew to soccer practice and I try to get in a 3 mile walk during that time.

Exercise is an important of my daily routine.

ETA: forgot to post the nike log:

No comments: