Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some progress is better than no progress

After traveling for a full week and eating out for 6 days straight, I weighed in on Saturday (my normal weigh-in day is Wednesday) and I was up 1.2 pounds. I debated about weighing-in 3 days after I normally do, but I did it anyway. If I'm really committed to doing this, I have to face the scale each week.

So I committed to doing really good the rest of the week. I weighed in today, and I'm down 2.6 pounds for a total of 6 pounds lost. Not bad for 8 weeks where I have struggled to get back on the program. I think I'm finally there, and I hope to see small incremental losses over the next few weeks. I know that small losses are the key and that's what I'm aiming for each Wednesday.

I'll accomplish that by doing the following:
  • getting in at least 90 oz of water each day. I have a 1 L Sigg water bottle that I carry with me each day. Generally, by 7 am I've downed 1 L at the gym. By 2 pm I've down antoher 1 L and I aim to get in the 3rd L by 8 pm. Doing so will actually get me over 90 oz.
  • enjoy my food. put the fork/spoon down between bites. Take a swig of water between bites. Doing so will allow me to feel full.
  • Fiber! Fiber! Fiber! Eat filling foods that will fill me up over time.
  • Eat a fruit with breakfast.
  • Eat a veggie with lunch and dinner.
  • Snack on items such as dried mango, WW 2 point bars, 100 calorie packs of almonds, cookies, and fruit.
Thus far, I've been following those tactics since I've returned from my trip last Friday. I think doing so, along with exercise, helped with my weight loss this week. I've just got to keep it up! And that is the plan!

No comments: