Saturday, October 16, 2010

Changing it up

This past week I decided to change up my workout routine. Over the past few months, I've been going hard with workouts 5-6 days per week with double workouts 2-3 of those days. Generally, my schedule looked like this:

Sunday - 4 mile run/walk
Monday - gym (weights)
Tuesday - gym (cardio & weights); run/walk in the evening
Wednesday - gym (all cardio)
Thursday - gym (cardio & weights); run/walk in the evening
Friday - gym or rest day
Saturday - 4 mile run/walk

That was a lot and I could feel that I needed a change. So I did. Here's my new routine:

Sunday - 4 mile run/walk
Monday - gym (10 min cardio & weights)
Tuesday - 3-4 mile run/walk
Wednesday - gym (20 min cardio & weights)
Thursday - 3-4 mile run/walk
Friday - gym (10 min cardio & weights)
Saturday - rest

Thoughts after doing that routine this week: pretty good. It did feel funny not heading out for a run this AM, but I was determined to let my body rest. I'll follow this routine at least until the end of the year.

No comments: