Monday, November 23, 2009

No derailment here!

I don't know about you, but the upcoming holidays will not derail my healthy lifestyle! I refuse to let that happen. I just read about her Thanksgiving Plan and it is perfect. In fact, here's my comment on her post:

Your plan is similar to mine: to continue to do what I know is right for ME!

I think my gym is open on Thanksgiving Day so it is likely that I will go per the normal (just not as early).

I’m going to a family gathering, as well, and I don’t plan on returning home with any leftovers. Generally, we don’t have any so that is a good thing. I’m not going to limit myself, just eat like I normally do and don’t overfill myself.

I’ll hit the gym on Friday as well and if weather permits will go for a 2-3 mile walk on Friday & Saturday.

Thanksgiving is just another day. It is another day for me to live a healthy lifestyle and the over abundance of food will not cause me to lose focus. I'll eat my normal breakfast, continue to drink water (though it won't be as much since we have a bit of a drive to our destination), and eat what I like. I'm not going to limit myself as I don't believe in denying myself, but I will only eat until I'm full. I will not be gluttonous and eat just because it is there.

Since our family gathering is about a 3 hour drive from here, we generally don't bring home leftovers. In fact, normally there's not a lot of leftovers to bring. So we're all good there! Friday will be just another day of living a healthy lifestyle.

2 comments:

Yum Yucky said...

I'm glad to be here reading this right now. Thanksgiving is a vulnerable foodie time, and I just don't want to deal with the overeating crap this year. Ugh.

ernise said...

You can do it! Don't let it get to you. Eat healthy!