Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No fan of The Biggest Loser

There's a Biggest Loser competition at my job this fall. They have this twice already this year, but a colleague deduced that whomever decided to do the competition again started it to coincide with the new season of the show.

There's been a flurry of conversation on twitter about people excited about watching the new season. On the other side, there are a few of us who are not so excited and don't really care for the show. Count me as one of those persons.

I don't find it inspiration.

I think it is unrealistic.

I believe the methods used can't be done every day.

I wonder about the message that is being sent to those that are put of the show early in the season.

Perhaps this is the case now (it wasn't when I did watch**) but are they producers addressing the emotional issues the people are having? That is important, I think.

I think the people are being exploited*** emotionally and physically.

Overall, I don't find the show inspirational. I don't think it sends a positive message. At all.

**I watched a portion of the 2nd second season, I think. I began watching mid-season and sporadically watched the remaining episodes.

***That is the case, likely, with much of reality TV and the reason I don't watch any of those types of shows.

No comments: